Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

My daughters doctors office had not called me back regarding

Customer Question

My daughters doctors office had not called me back regarding my childs medication. So my husband went to the office to see about it and was told they had nothing. So the office staff proceeded to tell the Office manager the next morning that my husband was so irate that he scared her and another patient. So the Office Manager told the doctor and she decided based on that to dismiss my child from the practice. So I questioned the office manager if he was that irate why did they not call the police and she couldn't answer it. She admitted to me on the phone that they had made some errors.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in Georgia. But I don't know how office staff can lie and have a patient dismissed that is insane.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed it with the office manager asked to speak to the physician and was told she wouldn't speak to me. I did file a complaint with my insurance company and the medical board but haven't heard a word and this all happened on 8/30/16
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

I'm not sure you want to hear this but I am here to give you sound legal information. A private physician can choose to provide care to whomever they please. They can dismiss your child from their care for no reason, a good reason or a bad reason (which sounds as if this is the case here). You can report the physician to the medical board but it is doubtful that anything will come of it as again, the physician has the right to treat whomever she pleases. This might seem unfair but this is a private practice and therefore without any negligence, there is nothing the medical board nor anyone else can do regarding this. A physician is free to not treat your child unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?