Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I'm good! however i'm applying for a job and wanted to know

Customer Question

Hey I'm good! however i'm applying for a job and wanted to know the best way to say I was let go from a new role in the company that after only 60 days they determined wasn't a good fit.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time and I believe GA is an at will state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it am I getting charged? ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still there?

I am here. I am typing my answer to you. I am also assisting multiple customers to there may be short delays in my responses to you...

Thank you for your patience.

The best approach is to usually address the issue head on. It's not the end of the world to be dismissed from a job. It happens to almost everyone over the course of their career and it is not the kiss of death as far as finding a new job is concerned.

The most important thing to do is put a positive spin on it. You weren't the right fit but it was not due to any shortcoming in your abilities and that this was a valuable learning experience for you and you are thankful to have had the opportunity is usually a good way of putting it. Another key point is to not say anything negative about the former employer, even if you have many negative things to say. It just doesn't reflect well to be negative, and it will make the prospective employer think that you may wind up having very negative opinions about THEM if you are hired.

These would be the main guidelines when it comes to how this should be presented to prospective employers. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

I just wanted to followup. Were you able to view my answer to you? Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did Thanks

Okay, great. If I have answered your question and you do not require further assistance, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.
Very best wishes.