Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I need help i dont' have a lawyer i have no money i have

Customer Question

I need help i dont' have a lawyer i have no money i have mediation on sept 27 with my lawyer i can't explain it i need some one too look at my documents and tell me if i have a case tell me something i can email them to you i need help to much to say.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Illinois its labor Law harassment and black on black discrimination
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Union full time state worker. my boss is on the union board so i didn't go thru the union i went thru eeoc and HUmanrights
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont know but i'll say no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. Additionally, you say you need to have documents you need to have looked at.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation after having seen the documents.

If you are interested, I can review some documents and offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.

Before I offer to review your documents or speak with you on the phone, please answer the following questions for me:

1. How may pages of documents do you need to have reviewed?

2. You say that you don't have a lawyer and then you refer to your lawyer. DO you or do you not have a an attorney?

3. Is the EEOC handling the mediation? If not, who is doing the mediation?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry Doug I'm writing fast cuz I know ur time is valuable. I do not have an attorney and I have about three hundred pages
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

300 Pages? Wow! Just to review a file of that size I would have to ask you to pay at least $500. I generally charge $10 per page for review---simply because some legal documents are incredibly complex.

Now, if you can cut that down significantly and send just critical documents, I can review a more limited amount of information and speak with you on the phone for a much more reasonable charge. I have been an attorney more than 3 decades and I have prosecuted employment discrimination cases in my career, representing only employees such as yourself.

Alternatively, I can offer you a phone call, without the review of documents for a much more reasonable charge.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you but no thank you have a good day
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Same to you. If you have any questions that don't involve a massive review project I am n=more than happy to assist you for the amount you have already offered.