Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

I have a boss/owner of 4 Law Offices and I am the Office

Customer Question

I have a boss/owner of 4 Law Offices and I am the Office Manager. His behavior has gotten worse and worse and he mainly targets women to verbally attack, which has caused my health to be affected with stress of the job and his yelling. There is a Staffing company that supports his business and it had been a PEO and now it is an ASO, for HR/payroll. My resignation letter would read-I have no choice but to tender my resignation due to no evidence of the work environment changing in the past year and three months of my employment. The negative, hostile environment has only gotten worse, taking a toll on my health and well-being. Do I have any recourse if I submit this short letter of resignation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You can file complaint with EEOC here claiming discrimination and hostile environment.Then when you file for UI benefits you argue you were forced out here.Thats the best you can do and consider a lawsuit as well if the EEOC issues a right to sue letter in your favor.

File here

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Harassment is a form of employment discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (ADA).

Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Lawyer referral

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***

You certainly can file with EEOC here and pursue this through the courts.You appear to have great facts to do so.I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Please if you have more follow up just ask.Thanks again.