Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

Our nanny is harassing us after leaving the job. What can we

Customer Question

Our nanny is harassing us after leaving the job. What can we do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 6 months ago.

You can get a restraining order issued and served on her. Any violation of the restraining order would subject her to arrest.

This link provides instructions on how to obtain a restraining order:http://www.courts.ca.gov/1264.htm

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answers so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can she sue us on the basis of wrongful termination and/abuse if she wants to? She has been lying all along and left the job voluntarily. However, she is now texting/callin us and telling us that we wrongfully terminated her without notice.

Terminating someone without notice is not illegal. She is acting desperate and any lawsuit under the circumstance in which you terminated her without notice would be meritless.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do we need to do anything at this time to protect ourselves? Also should we warn her via call/text before getting a restraining order?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also do we need to pay her any severance pay!

No need to do anything. A warning on the restraining order would be nice. No severance pay required.

Please rate my answers so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.