Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My husband is 73 yrs old and was going to retire in 2015.

Customer Question

My husband is 73 yrs old and was going to retire in 2015. After returning to work after the holidays, talked to his boss and said he was having trouble deciding whether to go part time ot not. His boss said, I will decide for you, You will work Friday Saturday and Monday at $25/HR. His previous pay was $37/HR. Does he have a case? He called the main office and was told his boss had complete control over what happened in my husband's office in LasVegas. Company headquarters in Chicago. Does he have a discrimination case.? No complaints ever about his work. His boss or the previous ones have never given yearly reviews. Family owned company that employ's over 75 people in LasVegas.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What specifically do you believe is discriminatory?

2. Are you saying that your husband gave notice of retirement and then went in to renegotiate a part time position?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug