Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I was hired by the hilton resort days ago, but i received a

Customer Question

Hi, I was hired by the hilton resort days ago, but i received a call saying that they can't continue with me.I went to the interview as well and days later they called me to notify that they will send me the offer and sign all the papers with i accept the offer. 4 days later i was called again and they told me to fill out a "background check and click the link over my email as well. I did everything with the background check and five days later received a call congratulating me and saying that i was hired. i went to the office and received welcome letter/uniforms/tag/sign all the papers including the background check that my human resources coordinator says that i was the right to see. 2 days before i start my journey at work received a call saying that they cannot continue with me because of my "bad credit"! i was in shock- after i made arrangements to my daughters day care- and leave my previous job, how is possible??? they knew about my credit!!!! because i fill everything online and 5 days later the manager says: congratulations!!!! Please is that ilegal???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The employer can rescind the offer based on bad background check result. However, if you were told that the background check was okay and you were given a start date and you made arrangements because of that and quit your job, you can sue the company for damages, for the job you quit to take this job. However, it would not be easy suing a big company like that. You would need the assistance of a local Attorney who handles civil litigation to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,

It appears that someone gave you incorrect information about your backa

If you were given a copy of your background check and told everything was okay and you made arrangements based on the , then you may