Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was given permission to leave work to go to the ER to have

Customer Question

I was given permission to leave work to go to the ER to have a concussion symptoms check which I did have said concussion but my employer made me stay after they said I could leave because they believed I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol finally the doctors results show that every thing that they said I was doing that made them believe I was under the influence was because of a concussion it was they were all part of the symptoms and at the drug test place just because I didn't pull my underwear down far enough the guy watching me wrote on the paper that I refused to take the test so I said I'll get a lawyer and he said if you say one more word I will guarantee you you will never get a job up here in Portland again since I do all the drug screens for most of the factories
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you can pursue a claim against the company?

You can pursue a case for a hostile environment, discrimination and retaliation. This can be pursued by lawyer negotiation and civil lawsuit as well as through arbitration proceedings.

Kindly rate me 4 or 5 stars.

and if I can clarify anything, reply and ask me!