Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I received an agreement from my company whos relocating to

Customer Question

I received an agreement from my company whos relocating to florida the gave us a contract agreement to sign as a stay on bonus and we would get bonus based on years etc... the agreement states we have til 45 days from the agreement to sign it and turn it in if we do not sign and turn in by the 45 days the company will make the offer null and void ... the 45 days we have to turn it in ends at the end of this week .. however the company issued an email stating their is confusion and we need to turn in the signed agreement on the last day we are scheduled to work which is Sept 26 th in fact some employees tried to turn in their agreement and the company refused to take it saying the want us to wait until sept 26 this separation agreement 14 pages long also states we cannot sue the company for any reason are they allowed to do this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you currently have any type of written employment agreement which outlines the duration and terms of your employment?