Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am 76 years old and have been off of my job due to cut

Customer Question

I am 76 years old and have been laid off of my job due to cut backs. I filed for unemployment the beginning of august and have received 3 checks so far. I have claimed my vacation pay and pay for the last 2 days of work. This sunday, when I filed the computer said you claim is not payable at this time. I do not know why this happened. Is it bacause they are holding back the 900.00 I listed for vacation pay and days worked the first time I claimed my benefits for the week I received this check? I so not know what to do now.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you claimed vacation and other pay for days worked, then this would trigger them delaying benefits, yes. You do not have to go to the center to get an explanation, but you would need to get through to them on the phone if not, because they are the only ones who can tell you for certain what the issue is with the claim. So you need to contact them in some manner, because all the computer generally will tell you is whether the claim is approved or not and no details.