Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can a lead man hire and fire an employee

Customer Question

can a lead man hire and fire an employee
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. Are you asking if they would have the authority to do this? Is this a union job? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do they have authority to do this. No it isn't a union job.

Thank you. There is no law that says which employees do and do not have firing authority. It simply comes down to what the employer approves. If the employee who was "terminated" here appeals the termination to HR or the owners of the company and they do not reverse the decision, then the decision stands and the employee was in fact terminated. So, simply put, a lead man can fire an employee if the employer backs the decision. Ultimately it is no more complicated than that.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.