Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I feel I have been sexually harassed, taken advantage of

Customer Question

I feel I have been sexually harassed, taken advantage of because of a mental illness, and in the end I admitted to my boss who has completely lied to me about still having a job
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble at work.

What else can you tell me about what happened? The best way for me to provide you with useful information is if I have an understanding of the relevant facts that make you feel harassed and taken advantage of.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lucy, I've been so in question on whether bring it all up. I feel that there are so many extenuating circumstances that I am now confused, and possibly feeling ashamed and embarrassed by my own behaviors. It's these behaviors that I feel that may have allowed me to do things that were not moral, not necessarily sexual but more having gifts, and money thrown upon me. I'm bipolar and have been medicated many different times of my life. However, these last five years being the best of staying on top of the disease. Now I'm rambling and during the latter part of my employment had become difficult and started ignoring my morals and acting more on the disease side of it and feeling so guilty that I ended up picking up an old drug addiction that I had been in recovery for. I will let you ask questions and i'll give answers and any other add ons that may help to understand my part in all of this. Thank you. ***** took so long to respond but have been anxious and nervous that I wasn't sure if I should say anything. Please let me know how you would advise if I should have make an initial visit with an attorney here locally.

That sounds like it was very upsetting for you.

What did you boss do to make you feel sexually harassed? How did he make you feel taken advantage of?