Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I am a union laborer. My foreman and superintendent sent me

Customer Question

I am a union laborer. My foreman and superintendent sent me home early after 5.25 of an 8 hour day because my foreman said I was being disrespectful. I told him I wanted to work my full 8 hours and earn a full days pay but I was told to go home early anyway. I am working tomorrow at the same company for a different superintendent.
Am I allowed a full days pay for today?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
You need to be paid the agreed wage. You are not pure hourly then you need to get paid the balance of hours even if not used.To prepare a You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.