Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was blindsided by my previous boss as he fired me just

Customer Question

I was blindsided by my previous boss as he fired me just recently. I had no idea it was coming. Long story short he wants me to sign papers that seem to say to me that I will not seek legal counsel and sue them. if I do sign the papers I get a 2 week severance.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information, can you tell me what your legal question is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should I sign the papers? I need to collect unemployment.

I cannot tell you whether you should sign the papers or not because I am not, and cannot be, your attorney via this Site. We provide legal information on this Site only, no advice or opinions. If you want to discuss the law as it relates to terminations or severance agreements, I can do that, but I will need a specific concern or question. If you do need information, then if you can tell me very briefly why your employer says they are terminating you, and if you main concern is unemployment, that will help me help you.