Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

The accountant for the company I work for keeps his office

Customer Question

the accountant for the company I work for keeps his office in our building and runs his own company out of it, he constantly spews profanity, he yells at me and insults me and has called me names and he mutters insults about other female clients
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will full
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that I do not work for him he is just in my office
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 3 months ago.

What types of names and insults does he mutter at you? Are these insults based upon your gender? Is this person your supervisor?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he can supervise me on paying bills payroll etc....he has called me a dumb bitch.. he raises his voice everytime i ask a question i just heard him call a client the dumbest bitch ever as soon as he hung up from her phone call
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have not recd an answer i do not expect to be charged more than the $5

That could be perceived as a hostile work environment based upon your gender in violation of federal law. You could file a claim with the EEOC regarding gender discrimination and seek damages. A hostile work environment occurs where someone treats you with hostility based upon a protected characteristic such as gender.

When using this link, you can file a formal complaint with the EEOC: https://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/filing_complaint.cfm

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.