Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I resigned from UBS financial services, as a financial

Customer Question

I resigned from UBS financial services, as a financial advisor. I will stay in the industry, transitioning to either Wells fargo or morgan stanley or ***** *****.... Am I allowed to trade UBS stock in the mean time?Am I allowed to trade options?
What are fines/penalties that I could face?
Do i have to disclose this information to my next employer? (If ***** ***** hires me next week - do I need to say "hey I have a TDAmeritrade trading account and I have beeen trading UBS stock"?)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is no prohibition on you personally continuing to trade or deal in UBS stocks. There are no fines or penalties, as you are not engaging in insider trading. If you are going to a new employer you would have to disclose your account to the new employer and your portfolio, but you are not prohibited from having your own investments as you see fit.