Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I work for a school in CCSD as a custodian they are writing

Customer Question

I work for a school in CCSD as a custodian they are writing me and suspending days without pay, they say do to poor performance, I am at least trying they have accused me of insubordination and incompandent its so upsetting I tell them please fire me then they want me to resign but I have 3 more years and then I can retire with a full 15 years what are my rights
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Heidi,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have an employment contract with the school guaranteeing you a position for a certain amount of time?

2. Are you paid hourly?

3. What sort of things are they claiming that you are not doing, or not doing correctly?

4. Are you a union employee?

5. What things are being covered up?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.