John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

I worked for a NY company in the 1980's for 3.5 years. do

Customer Question

I worked for a NY company in the 1980's for 3.5 years. do they owe me any pension at all now that I'm 66 yo?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

To completely know the answer to this question you'd have to get a copy of the pension plan and determine what are the service requirements. In all reality however, you probably are way short of the service requirement. Most plans require at least 15 if not 20 years of service. If you want to be certain, check with the pension administrator or you can contact the Department of Labor if the plan is abandoned.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.