Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I recently signed a contract for a 194 day teaching position

Customer Question

I recently signed a contract for a 194 day teaching position in the state of Virginia. The contract was signed via incorrect information that was disseminated by human resources under the doctrine of respondent superior. I was advised that I would be able to interview for, and accept other positions in administration, and technology. Several months later, before the start of school, I had interviewed for, and was offered a technology position. Human resources called me, and offered the position whereby I accepted. I received a call later telling me that I could not take the position as I already agreed to a teaching position. To make matters worse, the district has violated the terms of the contract, as they have not yet cleared my background, in turn I have not yet been able to start based upon our original terms, i.e. 194 days. I know that Virginia is a right to work state, however has the district defaulted on the contract, and what remedy do I have?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 3 months ago.

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help any way I can today. I will propose a call after this reply. Please accept the proposal and I will call you now. Thanks