CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I have employees working on a job site out of town for

Customer Question

I have employees working on a job site out of town for approximately 6 months at 4-5 days a week. In lieu of hotel rooms (2 to a room) I am planning on purchasing an RV/Trailer which sleeps 8 (each their own bed with some privacy on most). I have an employee insinuating this could be illegal or that I could be sued for doing this. I can not find precedence on this issue in HR publications. Please clarify my liabilities and how to best protect myself.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

If you intend to place 8 workers in a single RV your employee is likely correct.

The following link provides you a publication with housing regulations (I like this publication because it provides both the CA State regulations, Federal Regulations, and then descriptions for both).

For this particular issue, go to the section on "Housing" (note this is covered in 2 pages).