N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I am 49 years old. I have had a menieres disease since 2005

Customer Question

I am 49 years old. I have had a menieres disease since 2005 and managed it successfully until August 2015. My employer wanted a 100% guarantee from a doctor that I would never have a flare up at work before they would allow me to return to work. This was after I turned in my supervisor for harassment to a corporate hotline. I have since been placed on long term disability due to my employers requirments of a guarantee while 4 other employees at the facility have been allowed to continue uninterrupted that have the same symptoms I have. They made reasonable accommodation for others that had medical needs but because I made a call I don't get any consideration. Do I have any recourse?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Does the employer have 15 or more employees?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The employer has 5000+ employees. It almost looks like fraud the way they pushed me out on disibility while allowing others with the same symptoms to stay. I know there is a case but wyoming is so lax on employers. If one looked into it they would
find the state let's the company do whatever they want so long as they pay workman's comp insurance. Maybe I'm wrong, but the reason I'm on this site is to find an attorney.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for that information. The company has violated Title 1 of the federal law called the ADA by refusing to even try to make a reasonable accommodation for your condition.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Wyoming employment discrimination attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.