Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am in NY and was slandered by a disgruntled employee.

Customer Question

Details are that I have documented that he did not do his job. When I asked him to do so he at times literally refused. His direct supervisor (dean) did not deal with the lack of performance (this has been a pattern) and she has not communicated effectively with any of us, even ignoring emails entirely which in turn lead to conflict. His accusations include my alleged mismanagement of students. He claims that I prevented students from taking courses which I did not teach or have a personal interest in, and that is literally impossible for me to do. They are given access to their online schedule and have the ability to do that themselves. They in fact sign a statement that says so. Is there recourse? My dean who has an ax to grind is using it to cover her poor leadership overall.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

What damage did you suffer as a result of the false statements made about you?