Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am not getting my full pension I retired March 31st of

Customer Question

I am not getting my full pension I retired March 31st of this year. They are taking $516 out for bs/bc insurance that I cancelled when I retired. I am paying for another insurance and medicare. What are my options? I have asked them more than once to stop taking out payments,but they do not listen.Now they are telling me that ssa says my insurance is not a supplement. What business is it to them what insurance I have? please tell me if I have any options. thank you, *****
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: so dakota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: nothing that I can think of
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They cannot force you to take retiree insurance if you have other insurance. Upon proof to them you have other insurance, they are supposed to cancel your insurance. So, if you have proven to them you have alternate insurance, then they must cancel your BC/BS and if they refuse, then you will have no choice but to file suit against them for breach of contract in denying your right to cancel the insurance.