Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My job has been eliminated due to a crunch in company

Customer Question

My job has been eliminated due to a crunch in company resources. The company brought me on a L1 visa in March 2016 and offered a high paying job. I have a month to pack up and leave the U.S. I want to know what my rights are and the compensation I can expect for the losses I will incur in paying off leases, losses on account of set up of a home, losses due to relocating back to my country, opportunity cost for the time lost etc..
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you have a written contract for a specific time of employment or were you an at will employee?