Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a foreign language teacher, spanish, since last year

Customer Question

I am a foreign language teacher, spanish , since last year the principal of my school St Austin is demanding more things from me that the other teachers specially the part time ,special teachers ,who work once per week up to three times per week dont have to do it .I only work twice per week .I have been there for 3 years under salary and the first year as a volunteer ,all of us came from Gateway Academy including her but the school closed .
She demands for me to go to pray .I dont want to .I told her yesterday she can not make me pray and she insisted I have to be part of the school and we have teachers who are not even Catholics
I can give you the names of teachers who dont do half of the work I do and she has not bather them at all .
I am a diabetic and I was forgetting my medicine often so my Dr recomended ,to perhaps set up my alarm on my phone to remind me; well, she told me I have to find other ways because the ring in the class was forbidden ,did not care if it was my medicie and everyone knew I told all the kids about and all i have to do was turn it off .
When I told the nurse at the Drs office she told me that was inhuman
My classes started at 8:30 she wants me there at 8:45 to pray and take care of kids until 8:30 am
she must visit a teacher twice per year, one announce, and another one unexpected, surprise ; well last year she visited my class 13 times unexpected
First time in my history teaching years someone writes me up for four things two of them were absolutely not true, and me stupid, she made me sing them .although I said this is not right .
You did this not me , you asked me to do them , why are you writting me up for ,Why are you accusing me of something that you ask for .
You are lying ; she said parents told her ..who are saying that ? Never gave me names she made it up .I have witness
Now she wants me to sing other papers , no one in the school have to sign them only me, because she has to to a follow up on me every week to see that i am doing my job .
She does not know a single word of Spanish and she said she send my papers to them ,they have seen my papers who is them ? what papers ,
Now I have to send my quizzes every week for her to check I have no mistakes and she does not know Spanish, the opposite she went twice to my class pretending to help my students and they made mistakes because she told them to do it different
Before school starts she demand my lesson plans for two months everyone else does not have it or only have it for one week and it is fine with her . she said you have to be protected .I want you to be cover ....of who? of what? scarring me, I am tired of her treating me , I had a terrible year, last year and this year I sing my contract at the last minute because I just did not want that stress all the time but school just started this Monday and I already have her on me . harassing me that she is reporting this and that, .that the board told her this and that ,that I have to sing this and that to protect me ...Of what ?
she also made me do my curriculum three times ; the other special teacher has one page of curriculum and I have to have at least 30 pages . She told me to do it again (as a third time) on the last week of school in May ,so I had to work the entire summer
I dont know what to do .I have been crying and crying and I dont know how to stop this .Please help me .
I did tell her Monday she was discriminating me because she has not ask anyone else about all this and I told her three times
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon

I have reviewed your question and am very sorry you have been treated this way. You are clearly being treated in a disparate and apparently discriminatory manner.

Legally, you can pursue action through the eeoc, the labor board and civil court lawsuit.

Practically, my suggestion is using those options for leverage, and having a lawyer locally reach out to human resources, which normally prompts a settlement involving compensation and an end to the harassing behavior.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

if I can clarify anything, let me know

Kindly rate me 5 stars.