Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I signed a no compete agreement in 2007. I was given money

Customer Question

I signed a no compete agreement in 2007. I was given money to sign. I have a chance to get a better job in the same field. My old company was bought out. Is this agreement valid? I live in Georgia if it helps.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

Yes, it would probably be deemed valid unless the language int he noncompete agreement says it is not assignable by either party. Typically when a new company buys out a previous company they will assign all of their contracts to the new company. I would not be surprised however if this new company is willing to release you as you they have not really invested in you. They may be very willing to release you.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.