Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

Im a locomotive engineer for BNSF Railway and i have issues

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** and im a locomotive engineer for BNSF Railway and i have issues with the UTU Union. Back in January they took my ground date mine and 21 other people. Over a utu contract that stated that if you left lincoln and went to sioux city that you would loose your ground date. Twenty one and myself lost our dates but there was supposed to be 32 of us that lost our ground date. Ive told the UTU and the BNSF that they didnt get everyone and they said that there was no one else to get. But i know people personally that made the same moves I did. This is unfair union pratice and discrimination myself and 21 other people are looking for a lawyer to go after the UTU and the BNSF.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you lost your ground date for moving, what was the reason the other 11 people who moved did not lose their ground dates? Did your contract specify if you moved you would indeed lose the ground date?
You understand none of the experts from this site are allowed to represent any customer of this site by state law?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They didnt have a reason those other 10 people didnt loose their ground date. They made the moves we did they have no reason to take ours and not theirs. It did say that if you moved you lost your ground date but an engineer 3 years ago asked the UTU if they were going to act on this agreement and they said no were not going to. The agreement was wrote in 2010 and they never acted on it until January 2016. I didnt know that.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe you can direct me to a lawyer or an office that handles this type of stuff. They would have to Know the National railway labor act and be pretty good with union matters. I'm only on here because i cannot find the right lawyer to assist us with this case
Thank you for your reply.
Legally we cannot make any personal referrals, the only referrals we can make is to the same sites used by other attorneys, or
However, there are a couple of firms in your area that handle these types of cases. First,
These are all major firms that specialize in these types of cases.