Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I sent an appeal letter to adp, I thought I made my payment

Customer Question

Hello I sent an appeal letter to adp, I thought I made my payment online but I guess the last confirmation click didn't go through.Adp asked for a letter
And now my old employer is ask for more information in order to make a decisionI only stayed on the letter about the family death and being out of town for over a week.
The adp person told me to list these things
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I have several appointments that have been pushed down to the next few weeks and really need my meds.I've never been late but had so many of facts that month.
My son was graduating high school, my uncle passed away the month before and I was assisting with his arrangements due to his chiller being station in different parts of the world. They all service 3 branches of the military.
Also a trip planned to New York
I'm very nervous I really need my coverage it's been over a month since this stared
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I didn't know if I needed to.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I did contact adp twice because I couldn't log in
They reset the password ***** but it was very hard to understand the person I spoke to due to the strong accent. I myself am Hispanic and I understand accents can be difficult.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello is there any other I go needed?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've attached a copy of the letter I sent ADP
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you have only one chance here if ADP is still refusing to start coverage back on you again. First, you need to continue trying to contact ADP and negotiate with them to reinstate coverage. Second, and this is a last ditch effort since your failure to pay was not a mistake made by your former employer, but was your failure to pay for personal reasons, and that is you have to contact the US Department of Labor and ask for their assistance in getting the policy reinstated via COBRA for lack of timely notice to you before the insurer cancelled the policy. I said it is a last ditch effort because it is your fault, not the insurers, and in those cases sometimes the US DOL is successful and sometimes not, whereas in cases where it is all the employer's fault they are successful in getting benefits reinstated most every single time.