Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Before I sign the acceptance of terms-- I should no approx.

Customer Question

Before I sign the acceptance of terms-- I should no approx. what it will cost.
I don't believe even a positive outcome of this inquiry would result in a significant recovery of funds--- I've go to weigh the two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am not quite sure what your question is. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Amber

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What? I spent so much time explaing my aituation. Here is the final question. Can you prevail upon my employer to recognize i have the appropriate years of servive to qualify for pension benefits? I explained reasons for their denial early on in this process. Basically it amounts to . I have 11 years of service. I started when I was 19. They say my years of service for pension bebefits could not start until I was 21 !. Are they kidding me?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor left.
If they have in their pension plan description that you had to be 21 to participate then they could enforce that provision ONLY IF YOUR EMPLOYER DID NOT TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR PAY FOR PENSION. At this point, you need to first get a copy of the plan description to make them show you where in the plan agreement it says that. If this is not stated in the plan description, there is no law saying you have to be 21 to participate in the pension and your next step would be to file suit against them to recover any funds to which you are entitled for your 11 years of participation in the plan.