Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Lost my job due to RIF after 16 years, what is my health

Customer Question

lost my job due to RIF after 16 years , what is my health insurance options
will my kids e illegible to medicate or CHIP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry to read about loss of employment.

I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need to check with your former employer about eligibility for COBRA health insurance continuation coverage. Your Human Resources Department should have given you this information as part of your lay-off. Click here for more information on COBRA. Also, whether your children would be eligible for Medicaid or CHIP would depend on whether they meet the requirements for the program. For more information, click here.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.