Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.

Did Congress enact a statue that allows governmental

Customer Question

Did Congress enact a statue that allows governmental agencies like HHS and its Medicare Contractors to discriminate against black and brown doctors when processing claims for payment? Example, a black treats a patient with a medical condition, submits a bill for payment and is denied; white doctor sees the same patient for the same medical condition, submits his bill and he is paid by the contractor.
Why does a taxpaying citizens specifically physicians lose all constitutional, Judeo-Christian, civil and due process rights when they agree to provide medical services to Medicaid and Medicare patients?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, there is no statute that allows for such discrimination. In fact, if this was done, then this would violate a number of federal laws possibly including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (depending on the exact situation). So if this is happening, the physician in question who was discriminated against can file for relief in court, alleging a violation of federal law. The process may be subject to the Federal Tort Claims Act - again, it depend son the specific situation.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.