Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Sprouts Market fired me because I had to return to

Customer Question

Sprouts Market fired me because I had to return to California , because my mother was actively dying. I was very forth coming of this circumstance upon hiring / intervewing process. I was constant in keeping my manager in the loop of the circumstance. While I was gone , three weeks, management changed. Upon my return I requested the hours I was suppose to return. I , after many attempts to speak to the new manager, I was fired stating that I was unreliable and not dedicated. Both of these reasons are not true. I have full documentation of the conversations, dates and time. Now I am being told Sprouts is challenging my unemployment as I volunterailly quit my job; also NOT true! Should I now seek legal representation? Thank you for taking your time to answer this question . Never once was I written up nor repremanded for poor work habits or ethics.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, how long had you worked for them before traveling to CA?