Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

My husband was questioned by corporate security about an

Customer Question

my husband was questioned by corporate security about an investigation that is underway with his department. I honestly don't know what role he has in it, but he is being suspended along with others on his team. This investigation is "in-house" only and no law enforcement has been brought which is surprising to me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, my husband keeps mentioning that security informed his team that they are a publicly traded company on NYSE and is a fortune 250 companies and so they don't want this to be publicize which is also odd, because i would think they would have included law enforcement already as well. Thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

This sounds like federal crimes here, that is even more serious and he needs to obtain a lawyer to go with him to any meetings where statements are being given.This is serious often the employer uses statements to give to law enforcement.Since he is suspended honestly he may be out of a job.

I would lawyer up here, since it is possible they intend to turn this to law enforcement or federal agencies.It is critical to have someone else do the talking for him and for him to say less.This gives him a mouth piece without him having to waive his fifth amendment rights.A lawyer her might also be able to save his job or make a deal with investigators if it comes to that.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

State bar lawyer referral

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. Se habla Español.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

If you can rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.I wish you both the best here.