Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney
19958803

Can a person ho is a contractor with the company legally be

Customer Question

Can a person ho is a contractor with the company legally be responsible for approving and signing the timesheets of other contractors in their own dept?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Did the employer put this contractor in charge of monitoring and approving timesheets for other contractors?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's the plan

Ok, if the employer wants to designate this task to one particular contractor to basically supervise all the other contractor's time and attendance, then there is nothing that would legally prevent them from doing so. The employer can assign a contractor any job duties or tasks that they want as long as the contractor agrees to it. It does get a little closer to "employee" status, but not enough to take them out independent contractor status..

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thx

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

Much obliged