Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I work for an after school program, and a coworker who I've

Customer Question

I work for an after school program, and a coworker who I've had issues with in the past was caught secretly recording me and taking pictures of me as well as another coworker and the kids we work with. When I approached her to ask her, she became very hostile and aggressive and I walked away from her, she then charged at me again using inappropriate language in front of the kids and threatened me. I don't agree with the way the situation was handled by my employer. What are my rights in terms of her recording me and the children without consent, and the way my employer handled it? I was reading up on constructive dismissal, but not sure if it will apply (in CA by the way).
Thank you!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. I am not sure it would be constructive dismissal but it is clearly a hostile work environment and harassment. You first need to let management try to address it. Most any court will expect you to exhaust all internal remedies. If they fire you or if they punish you in someway for this, then I think you have a possible lawsuit against them for retaliation.