Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have worked for our school district since 1968 as a driver

Customer Question

I have worked for our school district since 1968 as a driver ed instructor after school hours. I retired from normal teaching position as an industrial tec. teacher in 1997 but continued to teach Driver Education on a regular basis after the normal school day. As of now I haven't been employed for the last year, even though I have filled out the normal application for every session and I don't know why. I am told that I will be used as needed. What is due process? Not being able to teach Driver Education is costing me about $20,000 a year! What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry this was a site error posting please ignore ir other expert will help you.Thanks for your patience and sorry.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The challenge for you is that your job is at will meaning they can hire and fire you any time. Unless you have an employment contract with them then there is no obligation for them to assign you work each semester. I know that is not the answer you want to hear, but it is important that I give you the information that is accurate based on what you have told me.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.