Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was told that I no longer qualify for the job I had been

Customer Question

I was told that I no longer qualify for the job I had been in for a year and given a date as my last day of employment. I was not told why I no longer qualify nor given the opportunity to apply for the revised position, which has the same title and level. Two days after I left the company a new man started with the same exact title. His resume shows that he has one third the experience and less education. He also is being paid $22K more than me. As a woman this proves they don't practice equal pay. This all happened just a couple of months after our team had a feedback session where we expressed serious concerns with my manager's leadership style. I was the main spokesperson sharing the feedback with her. This and several other instances lead me to believe I was terminated due to retaliation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what your legal question is? Also, are you in a union? When you say that you spoke about your manager's leadership style, can you be more specific? In other words, are they male or female and does their management style change with different genders?