RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I ****** ****, was working in SHELL GAS CO., for more than A

Customer Question

I ****** ****, was working in SHELL GAS CO., for more than A year as A Cashier
A customer come to get KROGER Points & SHELL POINTS[to get $1.30 off] I said
She can not get both.She grumbbled used bad language She reported to SHELL co.,
And they FIRED me CAN YOU HELP me in getting back to work.
I was A dedicated worker on time & every time worked more than 12 months &
I am 72
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I look forward to helping you. I'm very sorry to hear about your job loss.

Unfortunately, Texas, like most states, is an "at will" employment state. That means that unless an employee has an employment contract or is part of a union, which may give them more rights (and very few employees are), employees work "at will" and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, as long as you are not terminated because of an unlawful reason. Examples of unlawful reasons would be because of your race, religion, age, sex, disability or national origin. It doesn't sound like, based on these facts, you were terminated for an unlawful reason. Rather, they terminated you because of the customer's complaint. While the customer was wrong, and this is unfair to you, unfortunately, it isn't unlawful, and the employer does not have to rehire you.

I realize this is not what you want to hear when you've been a dedicated and hard-working employee, and I don't mean to give you bad news. But it would be unfair to you and unethical of me to tell you less then the truth. I hope you understand and wish you well.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!