CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

We spent $25.000 to put our Son in the best? Rehab center we

Customer Question

We spent $25.000 to put our Son in the best ? Rehab center we could find. Not only did they try to detox him in 4 days out of the 7-10 days promised but the supposed certified Dr's were not the one issuing he medication and he was supposed to start with a 8mg suboxon and taper down from there they accually started him on a 4mg dosage and for the next 3 days he was over it as they said. My son did not get all the luxury accomodations they promise rather the sheets were dirty and stained, this detox was not done in a clinic or medical managed setting but in one of their houses with no Dr. I guess if you are one of the many who pay with ins. it would be okay but since we did not have aqny we paid with all ythe money we had. to sum it up he was kicked out after 2 weeks. Can you help us?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of your son's treatment at this facility.

Based only on what you posted here, there are likely at a minimum two claims (1) for medical malpractice (a claim that your son would be able to bring), and (2) for breach of contract (that you would likely be able to bring as the one paying for his treatment).

Given the nature of the treatment that he received, I would highly recommend consulting with a local attorney to discuss how best to bring this lawsuit (the kind of treatment that your son received is not acceptable).

You will want to retain a plaintiff's attorney (also called "trial attorneys"). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).