How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 29321
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No 1st time case from about 20 plus years ago can't be

Customer Question

no 1st time sexual case from about 20 plus years ago can't be expunged from your record in the state of Ohio?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Can you tell me which statute specifically you were convicted of violating? Did the case involve anyone under the age of 18? How many charges were you convicted of?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i believe "rape" and yes under 18 one charge that i recall, deal done under Alford plea, cause ( it doesn't matter now , but I did not have any type of sexual contact with the person but feared to "her" lying ability i could get serious time or more trouble
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Ohio law unfortunately prohibits a person from expunging rape convictions, no matter how much time has passed. Ohio Rev. Code, Section 2953.36. This is true no matter how much time has passed. The only way to get the conviction removed from your record would be to request (and receive) a pardon from the governor.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

The parole board reviews all requests for clemency. To be 100% honest, most requests are denied, but you have the right to ask.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks for the advice i will persue for the gov option hell maybe it will happen.. thanks
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. Good luck.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.