Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

No 1st time case from about 20 plus years ago can't be

Customer Question

no 1st time sexual case from about 20 plus years ago can't be expunged from your record in the state of Ohio?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Can you tell me which statute specifically you were convicted of violating? Did the case involve anyone under the age of 18? How many charges were you convicted of?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i believe "rape" and yes under 18 one charge that i recall, deal done under Alford plea, cause ( it doesn't matter now , but I did not have any type of sexual contact with the person but feared to "her" lying ability i could get serious time or more trouble

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Ohio law unfortunately prohibits a person from expunging rape convictions, no matter how much time has passed. Ohio Rev. Code, Section 2953.36. This is true no matter how much time has passed. The only way to get the conviction removed from your record would be to request (and receive) a pardon from the governor.

The parole board reviews all requests for clemency. To be 100% honest, most requests are denied, but you have the right to ask.

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/execclemency.htm

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for the advice i will persue for the gov option hell maybe it will happen.. thanks

You're welcome. Good luck.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.