Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.

I went and seen a chiropractor, I've had problems in the

Customer Question

I went and seen a chiropractor, I've had problems in the past with sciatic nerve. He adjusted and ruptured a disk, causing fluid to also run up my spin. 2 weeks later I had to have surgery... am I in title to wages of missing work? I work for my self
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. What someone in your situation is entitled to is:
1) all medical bills;
2) missed work; and
3) pain and suffering.
Not that they have to pay you this, but this is what the Court is likely to award you if you win in a lawsuit. The last one (pain and suffering) is the wild card, and there is where they will try to avoid paying much. Negotiation is key. If they do not offer what you feel is reasonable, then you can always try a lawsuit where any judgment would be calculated per the above.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.