Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

Manager has lied to the State of WI. Degrading my integrity,

Customer Question

Manager has lied to the State of WI. Degrading my integrity, deducting my pay, working overtime w/no it pay. Paperwork I received yesterday, there are a lot of descrepensies. I have piece of correspondence from the State, Exclusively Roses and myself. I'm only looking for back pay from 12- 04- 2015 to present
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry his happened. You have several options. On unpaid wages, you can pursue a claim by making demand for payment of unpaid amounts, additional penalties, and legal fees. Normally a lawyer sends a letter first, and then if needed, pursues complaint in state court under the fair labor standards act and state law, or alternatively through the labor board.

If you were defamed/slandered, you could consider a claim on that basis as well.

The evidence you have is key, and I suggest organizing it in chronological order - which helps tell the story of what happened.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.