Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I submitted a 2 week resignation notice and the employer

Customer Question

I submitted a 2 week resignation notice and the employer released me right away and is refusing to pay me the 2 week pay for the notice. my reason for leaving is to relocate to Florida, I am a senior with health issues. I have no prior issues with the company. I would taken a job with them if they had a store to my new location.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Legally, the company must pay you for accrued pay, benefits, including any vested pension. If not paid, you may threaten complaint to the labor board and civil lawsuit. Normally, this gets company to reconsider. If it does not, having a lawyer send a letter accomplishes this on most occasions as company wants to avoid being sued, investigated and incurring legal fees.