Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I did not apply for weekly benefits for the week preceeding

Customer Question

I did not apply for weekly benefits for the week preceeding this week ( the week ending 7/31/16). Is there any way that I can claim these past weekly benefits? I have not returned to work of course. Thanks very much!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

You cannot claim for a given week more than a week later either online or using Tel-Service.

So, if you miss claiming benefits for a week during which you were unemployed, you can request credit for this week by secure message, fax or regular mail. To submit a request by secure message, sign in to your account at www.labor.ny.gov/signin and click on the envelope icon at the upper right corner of the My Online Services page.

To fax your request, send to(###) ###-####

By mail send to: ***** ***** State Department of Labor PO Box 15130 Albany, NY###-##-####/p>

Be sure to include the beginning and ending dates of the time period for which you did not claim benefits and the reason you did not claim benefits promptly in your request. Also, include the last four digits of your Social Security number on the upper right corner.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.