Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I receive a small pension from a school district, since we

Customer Question

I receive a small pension from a school district, since we have not gotten a raise from SS in 2016 why would they reduce my amount of widows pay to cover my small raise.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, our elected officials in DC think getting another government pension is a "windfall" and they passed the "Windfall Elimination Act" that says any other government pension received will impact your SS benefits by the amount of that pension received. To me, who is also a victim of this nonsense, it is crazy, but unfortunately, until they change the law we are stuck with that reduction.