John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I worked at a hosp for 34 yrs. i was terminated because i

Customer Question

i worked at a hosp for 34 yrs. i was terminated because i fell got hurt and cant work. i applied for unemployment. i first got a letter saying i would reeive three hunderd and something a wk. about 2 wks later i got a letter saying i was denied. a personnel rep told them i walked off the job and never returned, which was a lie. what can i do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Your problem is that you are no "ready, willing, and able to work" as required by the law to get benefits. In other words, anyone applying for employment must be able to work. You are not able to work because you are physically unable to do so. Thus, while the personnel rep may be wrong (i.e., you didn't walk off), you are still not supposed to get benefits when you are hurt. Your remedy is either workers compensation, if you were hurt on the job. Or, your remedy is disability (public and or private) income if hurt off the job.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.