Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I having a big problem in my current job. I am internal

Customer Question

I having a big problem in my current job. I am internal accountant in a small university in Miami FL. I am being mistreated by my employer and President of the university. Two days ago she blames me, because I did not inform to her, one month ago about an amount which would be charged on the account. The fact is that when I learned of this amount it was by other mean and I enter this amount to the accounting software and I was waiting for the bank statements to reconcile my software with the bank statements and when I have the difference inform to her, but the bank statements are received by his husband, however he always send me the bank statement so late even two months later and I did not received the bank statements on time, in other hand the amount did not was charged on the bank account of the university I mean the university did no have any problem. Two days ago she came to my office and started yelling at me in exaggerated form, even she referred to my professional capacity in a humiliating way, she keeps yelling at me for fifteen minutes, for something I was not my fault . Actually she abuse me, and humbled me, she disrespected and treated me in the worst way. I do not want to give up because I know if I quit my job I have no right to unemployment and while I get other job I need some economic support because my mother is sick. But this person is used to yell at me and humiliate me whenever she wants and the truth is hard to resist this situation so humiliating. Please advise what I can do, how I have to proceed.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is your employer doing this to you based solely on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?