Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My husband suffered a stroke on 12-30-98 when he was 30 he

Customer Question

my husband suffered a stroke on 12-30-98 when he was 30 he has a docters paper saying that he is totally disabled with significant right hemparesis and will not be able to return to work. He has applied for disability and has been denied could you help please? We have 3 kids and it would help alot.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Thanks for requesting I provide you information in this regard. When someone is denied disability, there is an appeals process and it should be outlined on the denial letter. Have you gone through the appeals?

Once you have completed the appeals process and he is still denied, I suggest your next step is to contact your state elected representative to the General Assembly - see this link to insert your address to find your legislator - and contact them and ask them to help with getting disability.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no we did not know

Ok. I understand. I suggest you locate your local legislator and tell them about this. They have many avenues they can help explore for you so he can re apply. Your legislators work for you, paid by your tax dollars and so do not hesitate to call and talk to their staff and tell them you need help with disability because your husband was denied.