Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My brother was fired from his job and was told he had waited

Customer Question

my brother was fired from his job and was told he had waited too long to file. Is there a time limit on this. He drove a truck in shipping and was fired for climbing over boxes. He is missing 4 finger from an accident and has no income at this time. can you help?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Indiana and it is just a lift truck for moving boxes. Not sure how old the truck is but my brother is 58 yrs old
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He said he has and filed for disability but that could take awhile and he has no income coming in
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not sure what you are asking?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

That being said, I'm not really sure what you are asking here.

Is there a time limit to file for what? Unemployment, worker's compensation, wrongful termination? Your facts here don't really make it clear what you'd be trying to file.