Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work at a place where everyone is stealing money, the

Customer Question

I work at a place where everyone is stealing money, the Manager, my boss is stealing the most. In order for her to get away with it and not have anyone "rat" on her she lets all of her employees steal as well. I've worked for this company before (different franchise) for 5 years, and last Summer (corporate), and have attended loss and prevention meetings and have been told everything that is going on is ways people try to get away with stealing.
I don't care about employees stealing but I feel because I am NOT stealing my manager is going to find a way to get rid of me as I am a threat to her. I was told that stealing money in the workplace is a felony, I could lose my license, and I could go to jail by a previous loss and prevention meeting at the same company, but at a different franchise. I feel as though in order to keep my job I have to steal like everyone else and I just CAN'T do it.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping today.

What specifically is your legal question you need assistance with today?